Sunday, April 6, 2008

Baking=Chemistry

Baking is truly Chemistry in action. While there is an art to baking-creating something new and delicious with flavors-it truly is a science. I may have forgotten that today. In my quest to make Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies, I combined 2 recipes which were very different, into one. The results are still unknown, as there is still 10 minutes of baking time left. However, looking through the glass door, has me concerned. Here is the recipe. I will update later with the results.
1/2 cup Butter
2 oz bittersweet chocolate
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used extra crunchy)
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Melt butter and chocolate. Add sugars, peanut butter, vanilla and eggs. Mix thoroughly. Add flour, soda and salt. Mix to combine. Pour into oiled 8" square pan. Top with miniature Reese's peanut butter cups (found with the chocolate chips). Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

3 comments:

Emily said...

The result...?

Stephanie :) said...

The result--two months later. Okay--not great. Too greasy and not cake-ish enough. I just made a double batch of Ghiradelli (yes from the box) in a 9x13 pan and they were divine!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie,

I wanted to write a note to you, but since I couldn't find your email, leaving a comment.We at Wowzio have build some useful widgets, like slideshow widget, activity widget and more. For your blog, these can be seen at
http://www.wowzio.com/widgets/seewidgets?ids=13583&r=c

Again, I apologize for having to leave a comment, pl. note it is not my intent to spam you.

Thx-Alisha
alisha.wright1@gmail.com